Visit Bucky's 5th Quarter Get fresh Badger content from me at Bucky's 5th Quarter.
Subscribe to the new RSS feed Subscribe to my RSS feed from the new site.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Blog Poll - Week 3

In a hurry, I skipped right past posting last week's poll and managed to miss this week's deadline I think. That means you probably missed me handing a vote to Arkansas by accident instead of South Carolina, so I felt like I had to include the Gamecocks for one more week to make up for the transgression.

I didn't feel like knocking Oklahoma down since Blake Griffin did not play too much this weekend. And you will notice, I didn't give to much credit to Texas for winning that one either. The Pac-10 hurt themselves this week, while the rest of those teams in the teens and early 20s I feel are getting stronger.

I have high hopes for some traditional power matchups in this year's tournament since the mid-majors appear to be in a down cycle. However, that also means we are bound to see one or two huge upsets, since everyone is writing them off. Gonzaga certainly blasted it's last two opponents, remaining one of only two non-BCS schools (Xavier) that I've place in my Top 25 so far.

RankTeam
1Pittsburgh
2Oklahoma
3North Carolina
4Connecticut
5Michigan St.
6Villanova
7Duke
8Marquette
9Louisville
10Memphis
11Wake Forest
12Missouri
13Purdue
14Arizona St.
15Kansas
16Washington
17UCLA
18Louisiana St.
19Florida St.
20Gonzaga
21Clemson
22West Virginia
23Xavier
24Illinois
25South Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like the NCAA tournament's new 8-team "first-round" format?

What should Wisconsin do with the newly vacated scholarship?

Poll: Who will win the Big Ten?

Poll: Who was Wisconsin's first-half MVP (thru 16 games)?

Poll: How Many Regular Season games will wisconsin win in 2009-10?