Visit Bucky's 5th Quarter Get fresh Badger content from me at Bucky's 5th Quarter.
Subscribe to the new RSS feed Subscribe to my RSS feed from the new site.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Leuer Has No Doubts About Wrist's Health

The big news on Monday was that Jon Leuer was back practicing with his teammates just like old times and there were no complications. Leuer also spoke with the local media for the first time since the injury. [video]

After reading hints that a Leuer return might be imminent, it appears that UW's leading scorer has a great chance to play on Thursday night against Minnesota. Leuer mentioned the range of motion and weight exercises he worked on with the training staff and said he is "really confident" in his wrist going forward, whether it be finishing strong at the rack or just getting hit inadvertantly.

"I feel like I'm game-ready right now," Leuer said. "I've been able to work out and run and condition so I feel like I'm in really good shape and hopefully I can just do whatever I can to help the team."

Props to the medical staff for getting Leuer prepared to return just five weeks after the injury occurred.

"Right now, I'm just taking it day-by-day and seeing if there's any pain or much I can tolerate," Leuer continued. "Today went well."

For now Leuer will continue to practice with the wrist heavily taped, no special cast needed. He sounds really anxious to help the team win once again and the timing could hardly have been better. Wisconsin will attempt to erase the memories of last year's breakdowns (plural) against the Gophers. At the same time, it is yet another must-win for a contender seeking another Big Ten title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like the NCAA tournament's new 8-team "first-round" format?

What should Wisconsin do with the newly vacated scholarship?

Poll: Who will win the Big Ten?

Poll: Who was Wisconsin's first-half MVP (thru 16 games)?

Poll: How Many Regular Season games will wisconsin win in 2009-10?